The Recalcitrant Professional - Vanderbilt PARS Summit 2013
10/12/2013, All Day
Registration Fee: $500 - Ask about fee waiver for Vanderbilt and PARS partners.
Presenters: Gerald Hickson, MD and other Vanderbilt faculty
Join the Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy at Vanderbilt (CPPA) on October 10 - 12 for a CME program to discuss cause and effects, policies and legalities, and solutions to managing The Recalcitrant Professional.
The Summit will:
- Review all forms of behavior/performance that undermine a culture of safety and how these unprofessional behaviors are manifested
- Address the impact of the Recalcitrant Professional on teamwork, cost reduction strategies, safety/quality indicators, and performance metrics
- Present case examples to illustrate challenges, legal concepts and solutions
- Describe the organizational infrastructure and skills required to address the Recalcitrant Professional and promote a culture of safety
- Develop and share best practices in getting the recalcitrant professional to the right services and ways to assess performance when they return to work
10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM*
Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Vanderbilt University School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been submitted to the Tennessee Nurses Association for approval to award contact hours. Tennessee Nurses Association is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Sponsored by the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine Center for Patient and Professional Advocacy.