Half Marathon Training Program from Health Plus
12/10/2012, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Kimberly Tromatore
- Monroe Carell Jr. Childrens Hospital at Vanderbilt, Room 2104
- Faculty and Staff only
Make your dream to run or walk the Country Music Half Marathon on April 27, 2013 a reality. Join Health Plus as we partner with Gilda's Club of Nashville to offer a 16 week comprehensive training program designed to help you reach your goal.
Joining Gilda's Gang is a great way to get fit and give back to men, women and children in our community who are affected by cancer.
NEW this year, we also have a Mini-Marathon (2.6 miles) option, and the ever-popular Gilda's Groupies (NO training, just lots of fun on race day)!
Info sessions will be held at Gilda's Club on Nov. 20 at 5:30pm, and Nov. 28 at 1PM. Call the clubhouse (329-1124) to reserve your spot!
Inspired by Dr. Gail Addlestone, GILDA'S GANG is a great way to get fit and give back to the men, women, and children in our community who are living with cancer! Each team member must commit to raise $750 to support the free programs at Gilda's Club.
- Gilda's Gang registration fee is $75 (goes towards fundraising goal)
- All participants commit to raise $750 for Gilda's Club programs by March 15
- Free access to Vanderbilt Dayani Center, including pool, track and classes
- Fitness specialists to lead run/walks on Sat. AM
- Personalized training schedule for all levels (run, run/walk, and walk)
- Mentors to help coach guide you with individual fundraising
- Fundraising clinics and strategies to assist you in reaching your goal
- Fundraising supplies including sample letter/email and donation envelopes
- Weekly emails to encourage team members through fundraising and training
- Firstgiving™ online resource to create personal fundraising page
- Team technical shirt, plus incentive gifts for achieving fundraising targets
- Post-race celebration with massage, entertainment, and team awards
For more information, contact Deb at Gilda's Club (329-1124) or via email: deb@GildasClubNashville.org